Friday, October 12, 2007

Ozark Shrub!

I've had this on my to-do list for probably two years and I can't believe it took me that long. I first learned this from one my favorite herbalists/teachers, Tina Marie Wilcox, who i have mentioned previous.
This old favorite of the Ozark healers is a veritable panacea. It's used for tummy aches, colds, the flu, sore throats, coughs, and basically any common household ailment. AND, it's really yummy!
I made some today with my Microscouts, little 4-6 year old nature explorers who I teach every other week, and they were part amazed, grossed out, and giddy with fun. They really did taste it!

ALL it is, is half herbal infused honey, and half herbal infused vinegar. That's it!

Puurrrrfect for the chili weather.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ananda, do you mix the two together and store it like that, or do you mix as you need it?

Ananda said...

Greetings S kate! Great Question. I do both. :)It does not really need refrigeratin, but if it gets really hot in the summer I might fridge it just in case.

Darcey Blue said...

what ozark shrub is it???

Ananda said...

Hi shamana flora - do you mean like what bush is it? It's not a bush kind of shrub at all, it's the name of the mixture itself. Funny huh? Maybe it originally was made from some certain kind of shrub. I used Elderbery honey and violet vinegar.